Covid – 19 Update

Hi Everyone,

In light of the recent announcement from the Prime Minister regarding the COVID-19 situation and the guidelines relating to mass gatherings and the escalation of the evolving pandemic, we have decided the following:

  • RCC Saturday Racing, Suspended for 4 weeks
  • RCC Club Champs – 4/5th April 2020 – postponed (new date TBC)

We are disappointed at not going ahead with our events as planned, but we care about the health and safety of everyone in our communities.  Along with potential risk should any of our riders crash and need hospital assistance, we would then be putting the health care services under more stress at a time they simply do not need it.

We will be monitoring the situation daily, and making the best decision possible for our members. After 4 weeks we will reassess and make another decision around our weekly club races.

Regarding training Bunch Rides, there will be no organised bunch rides via Ramblers Cycling Club, riding in bunches is not recommended, but if you wish to still do this then this is your responsibility.   

We are currently on alert level 2, you can read about what this means by clicking on the picture below. Here is also the latest update released from Cycling NZ

If you have any queries in relation to this email, please don’t hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards,
 Ramblers Cycling Club Committee